The other day, someone asked pointblank, “What does the Amisk Hughenden Historical Society do anyway?” Great question!
Here’s a list of our activities:
- We promote and sell the two-volume history collection, Memories and Milestones, for $100 a set. Libraries within the Parkland Regional Library system can contact us to receive books at a discounted rate.
- We post about Amisk, Hughenden, and area history here on our website. People contact us to provide information or to ask questions. Either way, we’re happy to hear from folks.
- The society is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the historic Holy Trinity Anglican Church located on Hughenden’s main street. Pre-pandemic, we hosted church services in the charming little building once a year.
- Before covid, the society met with a mother and daughter duo from the Edmonton seeking to discover more about their family’s Hughenden history. We hosted lunch for the ladies at the Golden Circle during which members shared the information they had.
- We share bits of local history on Twitter. Our handle is @AmiskSociety.
If you have any questions about Amisk Hughenden history, or information to share, please get in touch.